EM1 by TeraGanix the originator of effective microorganisms or EM for short . The Lactobacillus bacteria in EM become active and multiply in the presence of a food source such as blackstrap unsulphered molasses. When applying EM combined with molasses, it helps the beneficial microbes to thrive in your soil. Extending or activating EM is a simple way to “wake-up” the organisms in EM and make your bottle last longer.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of molasses in a little warm water.
- Pour the molasses into a gallon of chlorine-free water and stir thoroughly. Normal tap water can be left to stand for 24 hours to allow chlorine to evaporate.
- Add a ¼ cup of EM into the molasses/water mix and stir.
- Leave the extended EM stand in a warm place out of direct sunlight for 1-2 hours to allow the EM to activate.
- The extended EM can be used to water your plants.