- Shred leaves in the fall and use them as mulch for a flower bed.
- Build a compost pile and get ride of garden waste on site.
- Leave grass clippings on the lawn to refeed the soil food web.
- Mow lawns at least 3 inches high.
- Irrigate only when necessary.
- Use native plants that provide food for birds and other wildlife
- Consider converting some of your lawn to a meadow.
- Choose only non-toxic products for your home and landscape.
Subscribe for more eco-tips and information regarding how to care for your landscape ecologically-.