The backyard compost thermometer is perfectly designed for the home composter. It has basic composting instructions printed on the back of the package, temperature ranges on the dial face, and a durable 20″ stem that will reach the center of most “backyard sized” compost piles.
Why does a compost thermometer make it so easy?
Because temperature is the “silver bullet” in building and maintaining a successful compost pile. With a basic understanding of the temperature at the center of a compost pile you will know:
- When to turn a pile;
- When to add more material;
- When to water; and
- When your compost is done.
- 20” Stainless Steel Stem
- Basic Composting Instructions – on back of packaging
- Hermetically Sealed Dial (won’t fog up)
- 1 Year Warranty
- Color-Coded Dial: Steady, Active, & Hot temperature zones
- Faster compost
- Higher quality compost
- Finally knowing…How Hot’s Your Pile???